Sunday, June 8, 2008

He's All Boy!

Our Saturday was going so well! We had blueberry pancakes, played with cars and threw baseball. Matt and I even got motivated to go for a walk in the neighborhood. If you were anywhere near Knoxville on Saturday, you know that that took motivation! It was hot! When we got back from our walk we started getting ready for a day full of fun. Matt jumped in the shower and I started forlding some laundry. Carter found a ball and chased it all around the room while I was folding clothes. Actually, he chased it right into the corner of a dresser in our bedroom. It started bleeding immediately and I knew right away we were probably headed to the emergency room. I called Matt's aunt Donna for her opinion- it didn't seem that bad, I just wasn't sure. She suggested that I go just in case- better safe than sorry. So off we went. For the second time in less than two months.

Thank goodness they weren't very busy. We were called back quickly and didn't wait in our room very long. Here is a picture of Carter waiting. As you can tell, he didn't seem very bothered. Of course he did have his froggy to make him feel safe.


Two stiches and a posicle later, he was good to go! I think he looks kind of drunk in this picture- the scar on his nose is not really obvious. I am hoping it is going to keep getting better. Maybe we will luck out with no scar on his forehead also. Matt's afraid he's going to look like a hockey player.

I hope this isn't becoming a pattern, but as everyone says, "He's all boy." I might need to get used to my little daredevil and not only count how many times we have to go to the ER but how many times we were blessed to avoid it. Let's see- two weeks ago he rode his tricycle down a flight of steps...



I love you Carter, but I'm going to be gray by the time I'm 35 if you keep this up!

9 comments:

April said...

I'm so glad he's okay! So sorry you've had to visit the ER two too many times lately! :)

Ginger said...

Oh, Melanie. Bless his little heart. (and yours!) At least they bounce back quick. Nothing like a popsicle to make everything better.

Holly Aytes said...

that's my carter! I am so glad during the 2 years that I cared for him that I never had to call you and say "we are headed to the ER". I would have felt horrible if it had happened while i had him :) he is all boy! just like caleb! glad he is doing well.

Erin said...

Oh girl! How scary! so glad he's ok- isn't it amazing how resilient they are?

Jenny said...

I'm so glad he's okay!! So far Lucy's knocked out a tooth and left a scar on her forehead from splitting it open. Since she's not a boy, we have to chalk it up to being clumsy!!!

Sara said...

Right now I can control almost every move that Carter makes. It won't be long before he'll be into everything that boys like to get into. I hope I can keep up. I'm not looking forward to the scrapes, bumps, and bruises. But luckily kids seem to just bounce right back. I love the popcicle shot. Very cute!

Stephanie said...

Hey Melanie! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I have enjoyed reading your blog. When are you coming to Chattanooga? Be sure and come "visit" me when you get a chance!

Sara said...

I guess this is what I have to look forward to with Grant??? He is certainly all boy..a cute one too!

Traveling Woman said...

All boy sounds about right, even if I never had any. Found your site thru Holly. Hope you don't mind if I link to it.