Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Entering the world of Blogging



Over the past month or two I have been reading a blog from one of my closest high school friends. We have had only a few opportunities to visit with each other over the past 10 years, but I always enjoy getting together and remembering the good times (and sometimes the bad- over course there were very few of these!). Our lives have changed so much since college, but we will always have a special bond. I have really enjoyed getting to know her family and seeing what her life is like now that we have our own families. I hope that this blog will enable me to reconnect and stay connected to those who have been such great relationships over the years. When I was looking for a picture to post I had a hard time finding one with all of the family. I know that I take most of the pictures so there are very few of me but I did not realize how rarely we get a shot of our family. I am going to have to really push to get more family pictures. Of course, I decide this just as Carter reaches an age where he will not sit still. I thinks this picture avoidance stage will continue for about 20 more years. Both of us might as well learn to deal with it now.
Well Jenny- thanks for the inspiration! I will try to keep it current! ... Welcome to our life!


8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to see your blog... now I can keep up with you and your family since I am the worst about staying in touch!!!

April said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you have a blog. I will enjoy keeping up with you. :)

James E. Miller said...

I'll enjoy keeping up with you especially since we are moving.

Sara said...

oops..previous post by Sara.

Ginger said...

It was great seeing you tonight, Melanie. Maybe we can actually talk to each other Sunday night!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Sara said...

Hi Melanie! Looks like we decided to start blogging at the same time! It was great seeing you tonight at Laurel. I'm adding you to my blog list. :)

Erin said...

I am excited to see you are blogging. I have begun myself, but have not really sent it out to people yet- a little shy! How did you get that cool background? Erin

Melanie said...

The background is from pyzam.com, and it was free. There are lots of cool backgrounds, but others that are not so cool. It takes a while to pick something out! At least for someone as indecisive as me! Thanks for all of the encouragement friends! Now I just need to post your blogs on my page!