Friday, June 6, 2008

Books and Blooms

On Thursday, Carter and I went to Books and Blooms with Ashley and Lauren. (Ashley is married to Jason Wade- a friend Matt has known since Kindergarten.) It is held at the UT botanical gardens. After storytime, there were sprinklers set up for the kids to play in. It was great for a hot day like yesterday. I think it was in the low 90s when we were there from 10:30-12:00. You can probably guess what part of the day Carter liked best. (Although he did enjoy the picnic lunch- especially everything Lauren brought!) Of course, it didn't take him long to find a football laying around. I was pretty impressed with this throw and even more impressed with the fact that I got a decent picture of it. I think he was trying to throw it to Will, a friend from church, but it doesn't look like Will knew. He's wearing the Spiderman shorts in the picture below.

























Lauren wasn't so sure about playing in the sprinklers. Can't say I blame her- there were some wild kids in the sprinklers and why take a chance on messing up your hair. By the way you can see the "tats" she gave herself if you look at her legs. It's nice to ask a two year old to smile for a picture and have them cooperate! Thanks Lauren!




I really enjoyed spending time with Ashley doing "Mommy" things. We usually visit at book club, but we are going to try to get Lauren and Carter together more this summer. They play well together. Lauren has such a sweet spirit and hopefully some of her gentleness will rub off on him!




Thanks again to Cindy for letting me know about the event! I plan on returning next week. Carter already asked if we could go back and play in the "pinkluhs." It was nice to go somewhere I have not been in Knoxville. The gardens were beautiful and we might return for another picnic on a weekend when Matt can come with us. It's hard to believe that I have lived here for eight years and still have so many places to go!



BTW fellow bloggers, I know I have an issue with the placement of my pictures and there is a large space between the bottom of the pictures and the remainder of my post. If any of you could tell me how I could get the preview and post to look like the section where I am editing, I would appreciate it! Maybe it is because I uploaded all the pictures at one time? I can't get it to display the way I want and it is frustrating me! I am going to post anyway. I know you have all been waiting and checking this sight to see when the next exciting entry would come! LOL!

4 comments:

Sara said...

The pics you shared at the UT Gardens are absolutely precious! Was there a place for the mommies to cool off too? It was stinkin' hot yesterday!

Jenny said...

I too hate the way the preview looks nothing like the actual post... the best thing I have found is to go into edit html to move things around, and even then, I'm still not satisfied. I'll be checking back to see if anyone who is more computer literate than me has any ideas! :) Carter is so cute... I wish he could get together with my Lauren to play sometime!

Erin said...

Looks like great fun!

Cindy said...

You got some great shots! We had a lot of fun that day, too. Not sure if we'll be there this week or not. Busy times ahead...