Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I always knew that Matt would make a great dad. He is such a caring person and family is very important to him. It has been wonderful to see him turn into such a confident dad. I love this picture- one of the first ones taken after he became a Dad. You can feel the excitement just by looking at it!

He's always ready to play with Carter. Here he is helping him out in the ball pit he got for Christmas.

Of course, Carter is lucky to have two wonderful grandfathers as well. Grandaddy (or "Khiney"- rhymes with hiney- as Carter calls him) is showing him some of the skills needed to throw rocks in the cretk at the lakehouse. Something Matt loved doing too. We have a picture of Matt at the same age on these rocks. This is another one of my favorite pictures.

Here's one of my favorites of Carter and Papa. I also have one of them wrestling that I love. I picked this one because I love the look on Carter's face. SO excited! Carter is blessed to have such wonderful role models. He will be able to learn so many wonderful things from each of these men. We are also lucky enough to live close enough to visit both of them regularly. Of course, they never turn down an opportunity to see their little man! Happy father's day to all the special fathers in our lives! We love you!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love this tribute to the men in your life! You are so blessed to have so many male role models for your little guy! Amazing blessings all around! love you

April said...

Nice post! I love the pic of Matt and Carter just after Carter's birth. Precious.

Cindy said...

Carter is indeed a blessed little boy. What a great way to honor Matt & the grandfathers. Nice.