Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cheering on the Vols! Even when times are a little rough...


Last Saturday (10/3), we took Carter to his second UT game. Even though the team is not doing so hot (to say the least)we really had a great time. He wore his jersey and his helmet, of course! On our way from where we parked to the Vol walk, a man stopped us. "He looks so cute in that jersey! We have got to get a picture of him!" All right. "Do you have a camera? I can take one for you too." I'm thinking as I look for the camera, which has fallen to the innermost depths of the diaper bag, "Is this guy going to take off with our camera or what? He looks like a nice guy, he has his camera why would he need ours?" Just as I look up with the camera, I notice that there is a really tall (and good looking) man right beside me- It's Eric Ainge! "I had to get my picture taken with him. He looks so cute!" This is Eric talking about Carter who is wisely wearing the #10!

Carter giving Eric a high five. He is really tall but we were on the downside of the hill in this picture making him look even taller!



Jumping in the inflatables at Volunteer Village


Our happy little family!

He's still awake! It only took about 10 minutes in the car until he was snoring. He takes after his mom when it comes to hard core snoozing! We had so much fun talking him to the game. He was cheering along with everyone and even told a few people "That's not nice, your not posed to say that" when they were booing some not so good plays. He loved doing the wave- even though he was always a bit behind everyone else. I think everyone around us enjoyed seeing the game through his eyes. There were so many people who stopped and talked to us and told stories about bringing their own kids to UT games. I hope this is a fun tradition that we are able to continue with Carter and the new babyfor many years.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

What a fun post! Looks like you guys had a great time rubbing elbows with the VIPs! I'm sure Carter loved it all.

Stephanie said...

I just love these pics! And that is SO cool that you all met Eric Ainge! I've always liked him and I hear he's a super nice guy!

Sara said...

Carter is such a cutie! You look great by the way! Are you finding out boy or girl?

Ginger said...

So good to see a post from you! Looks like you guys had a great time! How fun that you met Eric Ainge. Glad to hear you guys are not giving up on the Vols. I have secretly started cheering for Vandy since they are our hometown team now!