Monday, September 1, 2008

It's a....

healthy baby at 16 weeks. We didn't want to find out if we are having a boy or girl. We actually hoped for a suprise when Carter was born, but a little miscommunication with the doctor meant that we found out we were having a boy around 15 weeks with Carter.

Right now the plan is for Carter to get a big boy room (currently the guest room) and move the baby into his nursery. The nursery is decorated with pale lime green walls and white beadboard and other pastel colors. It is a pretty gender neutral room. Several family members have voiced their frustrations with ,but for now we are not swayed! If only we could think of a name!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for you! Don't let anyone make you feel bad for wanting to be surprised! It's completely up to you and Matt! :)

Me, personally, I couldn't have stood not knowing what I was having! I needed the time to mentally prepare myself...especially the second time! ;)

Ginger said...

Yes, good for you!! Think how exciting that moment will be when he/she is born :)
The important thing is you have a healthy baby!!

Sara said...

Finding out that Grant was a boy on the day of his birth was one of the greatest surprises in my life! You'll be so glad you waited!

April said...

Alright. Since everyone else has "cheered you on," I'm going to say this: I've had one to many friends go gender neutral lately! Ha, ha. I call it gender neutral since not knowing a gender or name allows no one to prepare, plan, or buy gifts. The baby has no gender until it is born. It gets to be an "it."

Now that I vented...I really AM excited for you! I truly hope you and Matt DO get the surprise you are hoping for-in the delivery room instead of ultrasound room. I will support your decision to not know your baby's gender until it is born! :) Love ya, Melanie!

Jenny said...

I hope for you that you are not suprised into finding out what you are having this time, but personally I could never wait. I guess it's just my natural impatience!!

Erin said...

I am so excited for you! That will just be SO fabulous with you hold your little boy/girl for the first time and have the added bonus of a gender surprise! HOw fun!