Gracyn is really exploring her environment. She studies everything right now- especially her feet!
She loves spending time in her exersaucer. I thought this shot was hilarious!
She also has two teeth now so that means time for "real" food! I am actually trying something new- making her babyfood! The first try was a true success. I made carrots and even Carter wanted some on his plate! I plan on making some more this week to freeze and have on hand.
Here is a picture of my first batch of carrots! That was Carter's first food too. So far Gracyn as tried carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, and pears. Of course I am waiting the 4 days between! She seems to like everything so far, but my food always seems to look more tempting to her! Did any of you make baby food for your little ones? Any tips to share? What foods did you introduce first and in what order? It is always nice to hear what has worked well for other moms!
Last week we went to the beach with Matt's family. What a blast! I will have to devote an entire post (or two) to that but here are a few shots to share for now.
Getting ready to go to the beach for the first time.
A family picture! What a rare thing! I think we took around a hundred pics in this one setting. I love so many of them! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

3 comments:
I love the picture of Carter trying to feed Gracyn! That's very funny. I also love the one of your family on the beach. Beach pictures are wonderful!
It's me (Cindy Taylor...at my in-laws' house). I just typed a really long reply and it didn't send, so I'll tell you more later. I did make my own baby food for Will and some for Sam, too, though not as much. It was fun! I did everything from apples, pears, acorn squash to broccoli, beets, and even a couple of meats.
Like your containers! I used ice cube trays and transferred to ziploc bags when frozen.
Happy pureeing!
Great to see a post from you! Can't believe how big Gracyn has gotten! I made my own baby food with both boys. Carrots, sweet potato, acorn and butternut squash, tons and tons of apples, bananas, pears. Oh, I loved it! I had little mini tupperware containers. I didn't freeze a whole lot. I would just make up enough to eat fresh. I never processed meat, but when they get bigger you can mince up chicken. Ryan loved minced chicken and black beans. He wouldn't touch a black bean now, though. Oh well. Good luck :)
Great family picture, too!
Post a Comment