Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Has it been two months already?




It's so hard for me to believe that my baby is already two months old. How did that happen...I know I didn't sleep through it! Then again, it is amazing to think of what we have done in two months. We have been to both my hometown (Chattanooga) and Matt's hometown (Bristol), we spent some time in Nashville, and made a trip to visit Mamaw Carter (yes- if you didn't know, that's where our precious boy got his name!). So at two months old Gracyn has been to Georgia, Alabama, and Virginia. She might grow up to be a big traveler some day!

Taking Gracyn to the doctor for her two month check-up today was not fun. I am sure most of you can relate. She was screaming from the moment the doctor walked in the door. Believe it or not, she did better with the shots then she did with his evaluation! After the nurse gave her the shots she left the room and i went ahead and gave her tylenol. I knew she was going to have at least some soreness so why not try to prevent the pain before it bothered her. That plan seemed to work well, until I decided to go to the store while she was sleeping. When she woke up she started crying. It was a whimper at first but it got louder and louder very quickly. I knew I wouldn't be able to get everything that needed. I had barely gotten started! I rushed to put the few things back and got to car as fast as I could. I headed home and as quickly as the crying started it stopped! Maybe I should just drive around let her rest a little. Eventually I had to go home to change her and feed her but when we headed back out to pick Carter up from school, she was calmed by the ride again. Tonight is my night to fly solo while Matt is in Bristol for school. It was not easy trying to keep her settled down, give Carter a bath, and all of those bedtime rituals. I just don't see how so many mothers do it on their own. I have such admiration for single mothers. I can be relieved by the fact that Matt will be here tomorrow night and if I get very little sleep tonight, I can probably with his help, catch up tomorrow. So for all of those parents who have greater challenges than mine- children who are sick, multiples, etc. Wow, may god bless you! For now, I am celebrating our healthy girl- 11 pounds 10.5 ounces (69%) and length 22.5 inches (53%. It is amazing how different she and Carter are. I don't think he has ever been above the 30% for anything! One thing that they have in common is the ability to be soothed by the vibrations of this bouncy chair.


Next on our list- going to our church. We have been to church when we were out of town, but I look forward to being at our home congregation. This season has been a little rough with sickness and I haven't wanted to take any chances. Hopefully, Gracyn and I will get a good night of sleep and our whole family will be there on Sunday!

HELP!

I love this picture but don't know how to flip it! It is not upside down on my computer but when I upload it, it turns upside down! Anyone technically savvy enough to tell me how I can fix it? I love that she has such a big smile and that she waskicking and moving her arms so much that they are blurry. Hope you can appreciate it, even though it is upside down!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh Melanie! I love those little leg warmers! I would go crazy for those if I had a baby girl!! She is precious :) Glad everything is going so well for you guys.

Stephanie said...

Melanie - she's just precious! I hope to see her soon!

Jenny said...

Love the Baby Legs! Hope your night without Matt is surprisingly peaceful!

April said...

We've missed you guys, but know that you are busy these days. Looking forward to seeing you at church sometime soon! Cute pics. Cute kids. I enjoyed the update!!!

Sara said...

What a sweetie with all that dark hair! Juggling two kids even with Jim around is still a challenge for me! I also have HUGE admiration for single-mothers.

Gracyn is adorable!