I do. Unfortunately it requires two flights from Knoxville and took about 8 hours, including layovers. When I flew from Dallas to San Jose, I kept singing the lyrics to this song. I could only remember that one line and the humming that comes after. Very annoying.
When I arrived DeAnna and the family were there to pick me up and take me to eat at the Cheesecake factory. When we finished and headed to their house it was about 9:00. That's 12:00 according to my body's clock! We finished driving to their house and I tried to stay up so that I could sleep later the next morning but found mysef waking up at 4:00 and again at 5:30 (7:00 and 8:30). Later, DeAnna and I went to have lunch in a little tea house in downtown Tracy. We spet the rest of the day shopping. It was so nice to have girl time. We had a lot of fun shopping and I enjoyed helping her find a lot of cute things. I found a few for myself also! I tried staying up again but still woke up very early on Saturday. I went ahead and began getting ready for a day of sightseeing in San Francisco. That brings another song to mind, and no I did not wear flowers in my hair.
We all went into town and spent the WHOLE day traveling around. I'll fill in the details when I can upoad the pictures to go with the commentary. After visiting DeAnna's church and staying for a cookout after church, we headed back to San Fran for more sightseeing on Sunday.
Today I have been getting my email inbox cleaned out, reading, taking a long relaxing bath, and reading. It has been so nice! I feel selfish spending all of this time on myself, but I have to admit- I like it!
I miss Carter and Matt and I know I will be ready to get back to them, but having a fun and restful visit with my sis and her family before returning to school feels like such a blessing.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Enjoy it, Melanie! What a wonderful trip to take.
Sounds like a wonderful trip with much deserved "me-time". Enjoy!!!
Sounds great, Melanie. Glad you were able to visit with your sis. I have never been to that part of California, but really want to go. Look forward to seeing the pictures.
Everyone needs some time to recharge the batteries before returning to the hectic schedule of everyday life. I'm so glad you are enjoying your trip. My brother and his family moved to Orange Co. last year, but I haven't been able to make the trip out there yet. I'm looking forward to going, hopefully very soon.
Post a Comment